Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mixed Media + Layout

I've been playing around with mixed media a bit lately and decided to finely put a bit of it on a layout.
 
 
This page is blue cardstock and on it I've used a Stencil and with it I used an artist's knife to smear Gesso over it.  This has resulted in the unusual yet nice 1/2 circular design in top right and bottom left corners.  Gesso is great for work on pages because it dries so quickly and doesn't warp your paper.  I've then cut a 12" circle using the new Martha Stewart Circle Punch, best product I've purchased in a long time, it takes all the guesswork and measuring out of creating circles and the bonus is that you get gorgeous edges as well.  I then cut another one using the same punch, that is only 6" across.  This punch cutes from 6 - 12 inch circles.  Then got into my flower stash which I can't help doing with my granddaughters pages, and a few other smaller embellishments from my stash, mainly the bird at the top and in the centre at the bottom is a cute little resin embellishment which has a butterfly on it, this was made by an Australian Company called Handmade Halo Designs and I love all there products.  Thank you for looking.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the Gesso, I love that template and the circle punching layered well to match. Very nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page. I love knowing that gesso won't warp the page. I've really got to check out the circle punch! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete