Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Creating A Page

Hi, it’s Gael here today and I’d like to share a layout I did which didn’t start out exactly how I wanted it.  I started with a sheet of white cardstock and used a mask to create the background.  When I inked the mask with the green colour it was very bold and much greener than what I wanted.  I nearly started again but decided to try repositioning the mask just slightly off where it was originally and then inking it with a brown ink.   The end result was really interesting and had darkened the green to more the shade I was after.  


The Frame around the word “Beauty” is a stamp which I embossed with black and then cut out.  The word “Beauty” is stickers and I then used dimensional magic to create a gloss finish (I was trying to make it look like a mirror). Behind the frame I splattered some black ink and lifted the layout up so the ink would run.
When I had finished the layout it just felt like it needed a little bit more, so I added the mesh brown strip at the bottom of the photo and curled some bronze bead wire around a pencil and added it to the leaf area to add some more detail. 


The picture is taken in the wilderness at Cradle Mountain in the north of Tasmania (Australia).   It’s about a 5 hour drive from where we live and as an added bonus we went to one of my favourite Scrapbook Shops on the way!!  We spent a few days exploring the amazing natural beauty of the area and over the next few weeks I’ll be showing some more layouts with photos taken during our stay at Cradle Mountain.
Thanks for looking,

1 comment:

  1. Gael - I love the details on your process to create this. I think the "beauty" frame came out create. It looks like a broach to me. The added wire and the inking are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete