Thursday, May 17, 2012

Teacher Gift Idea

Its hard to believe that summer is getting closer and that means school will be coming to an end as well.  Its time to start thinking about those end of the year teacher gifts. This year I have come up with a creative and cute gift card holder for my son's teacher. 

  I am going to show you how to make it!

I started off with a paper gift bag (about the size of lunch bag) and this adorable sign I printed off from Eighteen25 blog in a 5x7 size .

I found some scraps of paper that coordinated with the colors in my printed sign. I folded the bottom of the bag about 1/3 of the way up.  Cut a piece of paper about 1/4 inch short of that size of the fold and adhere to the folded part of the bag.  Then stitch both sides and the bottom with a sewing machine.

 This will create a 'front' pocket for your project. 

Use another piece of scrap to mat the sign.

 I cut a peice of note book paper (you could use any kind) down to fit inside the top of the bag - this will be for you or your child to write a message to the teacher on.  I also cut a cut little tage out of ledge paper and added an apple die cut. 

I put a alphabet sticker strip around the middle of the font pocket. Then slip the note book paper and sign into the top of the bag.

  To top it off it tied a double stitched red ribbon on around the bag, slid the tag under and added a  a little 'teacher' embellishment. 



Now you can write the teacher a note and slide a gift card into the front pocket!  She will love this! 


2 comments:

  1. Adorable! And speaking from personal experience, I can assure you that teachers LOVE receiving gift cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best idea of such precious gifts for teachers. Thanks for sharing this.
    custom gift cards
    Scratch Cards

    Hank Hendricks has been a student at the University of New Hampshire- Whittmore School of Business and Economics. He has worked and got experiences in the following fields:
    Hank Hendricks

    ReplyDelete