Thursday, September 8, 2011

Magnet Board


Hi everyone, Nancy here with a fun and easy home decor project for you.  Recently, I remodeled my kitchen.  And, as is the style, I went with stainless steel appliances.   Unfortunately, magnets don't stick to stainless steel, so I needed to come up with a place to hang my grocery pad and other bits of paper.

I popped into my local hardware store and found a piece of sheet metal for the great price of $6.00 and spray painted it black.
I added a few sheets of patterned paper.  Helpful hint:  be sure and use thin papers as you want your magnets to stick and still hold down other paper items.
Jenni Bowlin patterned papers
Next, I added a few fun embellishments.  I didn't use too many and kept them to the corners as I did want this item to be functional as well as pretty.  
Prima Marketing flowers and leaves.  Jenni Bowlin and Maya Road stick pins.
Prima Marketing lace, Tattered Angels glimmer mist
And, here is my final project...
I mounted it to the cabinet that holds my refrigerator with Command Adhesive so as not to mar the surface.  The clock and the "white board" are also mounted this way.
Thanks for stopping by.

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Can you come over and organize my kitchen for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project turned out really fabulous Nancy. It matches your kitchen perfectly!

    ReplyDelete