Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween Candy Box with My Scrapbook Stash by Pam!



I am always looking for ways to paper craft with materials that I already have. This is a candy box that I made using one piece of double sided paper for the "Featured Artist" spot on Ideas for Scrapbookers. I was asked to make something that would encourage creativity and I thought what a great way just to use some of the supplies I had on hand. I also will show you that your are able to use your Copic Markers to color on buttons.


To start score your 12" x 12" double sided paper at the 4" and 8" score lines on your Score Pal or other scoreboard. Turn the paper and score again on the 4" and 8" score lines so that you form intersections. On each corner score diagonally to the corner of the center square. Fold sides up and corners in when finished so they will form your candy dish. Open the paper back up and lay where the inside is facing up.


I decorated the inside of my center square with some My Minds Eye Halloween paper and a sticker that I had in my sticker stash. I distressed the paper using the Tim Holtz distress tool. I used Distress Inks and a Blending Tool to distress the paper before I glued into place. The inks were Dusty Concord, Tea Dye and Ageg Mahogany. Once your have the inside square done you are ready to turn over and do the outside.


I used My Minds Eye Spooked Spooky Words and made strips for my box and layered them on top of black paper. I inked them with the above Distressing Inks and glued them to the top edge of the paper. Make sure when you do this and if you use paper with words or something else that has to be where it is right side up - double check it before you glue it down or it maybe upside down. LOL


If you don't have the right colored embellishments try coloring them with your Copic Markers, that is what I did to get the color buttons I needed for my project.





Here are the 4 different sides to my box. I just decorated the outside of my box with Bo Bunny Spooktastic stickers, buttons that I had colored in, black twin, pop dots, some brads and fussy cut some of the scraps from the My Minds Eye papers I used. This is a wonderful way to use your scraps and stickers up that you have in your stash and make a wonderful candy box.


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PAM)


3 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm gonna have to try my creative-hand at one of those! Luv it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing tutorial! Thank you soo much for sharing! All of the little details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete