Thursday, September 23, 2010

Double Page Layout Ideas by Suzanne!

Hello everyone! I am sharing a featured artist again who shared some great ideas with us back in December. I excited to feature Suzanne again as she sent me some great ideas! Please read her bio again to get to know her here. You can also view her first post idea on stitching here.
You can visit Suzanne on her fabulous blog: http://scrapwithsuzy.blogspot.com/ to get some more great inspiration!
Suzanne also runs a really COOL challenge site. I checked it out and it so fun. There is a new challenge every Wednesday! Here is the link so make sure you check it out: http://thepapervariety.blogspot.com/ .

Here is her post for today! I hope you as inspired as I am to create new pages!!

-Pam

______________________________________



Double the fun! Twice as nice! A perfect pair!

I take a lot of pictures. And I have a hard time deciding which ones to scrap. Don’t get me wrong - I love embellishments, patterned paper, fancy titles, and lots of bells and whistles; but when it comes down to it - the pictures tell the story for me. Most of my layouts are 2 page spreads, so I make the most of the things I just mentioned.

Even though the majority of sketches and layouts that I bookmark are beautiful one page layouts often with one main photo, I adapt it to fit my style. I think the easiest way to do this is to either a) repeat a design element or b) “stretch” a mat across the 2 pages. I thought I would share some of my favorites!

Here – I used photo corners, but I put 2 on the left page and 2 on the right. I also repeated the bracket border, in smaller horizontal sections and then again vertically.



On this layout, I used a bracket frame for the main image on the right side and repeated this element in the journaling box on the left. I love to pair a one photo layout with one that uses more candid pictures.



A patterned paper border with a craft mat across 2 pages brings these 2 layouts together. Another example of a one photo layout paired with a page of candids.



Pictures of same size and orientation bring a linear feel to a double page layout.


Banners are so popular right now! String a set across 2 pages for a fun double spread.



I couldn’t leave without one layout from my wedding album! This is one of my favorites – using all of the above suggestions. I stretched the photo mat across the 2 pages and repeated the border and flower embellishment.



I hope you enjoyed these double page layouts and I was able to give you a few ideas and designs to inspire you to scrap multiple photos on multiple pages, while making the most of your supplies. Visit my blog for more projects! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment