Friday, June 11, 2010

Layout Using a Template by Kelly!

I just love all of the ideas I see here on Ideas for Scrapbookers! I just recently learned about SVG files, and the layout I will share with you today is from Pam’s Die Cut Flower 2 Template. I chose paper that was pretty similar to my niece, Julie’s shirt, cut the image using my Cricut Expression with SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot). I then applied my cut image to a sheet of white paper. I deliberately left some of the flower petals unattached to give the feeling that the flowers were dimensional. What an easy base for my layout!! Can you imagine the fussy cutting this project would have taken?!

All I had to do then is use my Cricut to cut out a few letters and butterflies in a denim piece of patterned paper in my stash to mimic Julie’s jeans. I also added a cute rub-on from Fancy Pants onto some of the white space in the picture. My final touch was to add a few misted white flowers to a few of the flower centers with a dimensional glue dot.


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT KELLY)


No comments:

Post a Comment