Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scraplift With A Twist by Kari!

We recently welcomed our 3rd daughter to our family. With three kids under age 5 I’m finding those elusive chunks of time for my creative outlet has become a very hot commodity. I want to maximize those 10-15 minute crafting breaks for all their worth!

One tip that works well for me is scraplifting. Between magazines, online galleries, blog and art we are never short on inspiration. But you don’t even have to look that far. Your next design homerun is right in front of you- YOU!! Scraplift yourself!

Even though we are our own worst critics we all have those layouts that we love. The layouts that we’re proud of. The layouts that we put our best blood, sweat and tears into. Go back to those designs and use them again.

I realize that some people have a hard time repeating a design once they’ve used it. But I figure why not? Especially if the repeat is going into a different album or it’s been awhile chronologically.

Here is my first use of this design in August 2009 for my daughter Scout’s album




I used it again in March 2010 for my daughter Bennet’s album


And here is one I completed last week that includes Ellie.





(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT KARI)


6 comments:

  1. this is a great post! love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this! I was just looking through some old scrapbooks last night and thinking, "I should really scraplift myself..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this! I found a sketch I really loved in CK, and I've used it several times. It's sort of scraplifting myself, I guess. I love adding different little touches to make the layout different.

    That's a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kari! I love your style, always have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your style and was so thrilled to see you as a featured artist! I've never scraplifted myself. That is SUCH a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete