Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Designer Showcase: Altered Items!!

Happy Wednesday! Today I am sharing some of the contributor's altered items! I think you will find lots of neat ideas here and be inspired to create some of your own!

First up is Cindy! She created this adorable frame she made to hang outside her grandmother's room! What a totally cool idea!



Cathy created three different fabulous altered items to share! The first item is a wooden box she made for her son's Confirmation. Next is a beautiful altered wooden picture frame. Lastly she created an altered wooden birdhouse, jar candle and gift bag. Such great work, Cathy!






Nancy created the next beautiful picture frame! She had this to say about how she created it, "This photo frame started as a plain, naked wood frame. The type you find in the dollar bin at Michaels. We had a few leftovers from scout projects. I painted the sides with crackle paint and then ran some ink through the cracks. I covered the front with a simple patterned paper that I stamped with a bit of glimmer mist. A few canvas flowers, a bit of bling, and a sticker. It really suited the beach photo of my children."



Dolores created this gorgeous decorated birdhouse and even made birds to sit on top! What a neat touch!



Sarah created two neat projects to share! The first is this adorable framed photo. What a sweet way to use this photo! The second is the neat gift box. These both turned out great!




Heather created the last two images. The first is beautifully altered boxes. She had this to say about them, "These are altered cigar boxes that I made. They are filled with mini albums! I love storing mini albums in them because it keeps them dust free and protected. I also altered an older hat box with the same papers for future mini album storage. I keep them in the living room on top of my entertainment center."
She also created this fabulous altered bra for a breast cancer awareness fundraiser! This is SO neat and for a great cause!



I hope you are inspired by these examples! Do you want to share your favorite altered items with readers? Send me an email at scrappingpam73@yahoo.com and I will feature your page!

1 comment:

  1. Every single one of these projects is amazing! Thanks so much for the inspiration girls!

    ReplyDelete