Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful Tree

Each Thanksgiving we have a tradition that many of you may share. We go around the table and each person shares something they are thankful for. It is a great tradition, but I wanted to change it up this year!

So….I made a “Thankful Tree!” For each guest at our Thanksgiving table, I created a tag. I decorated each tag with fall colored papers and some fun turkey day themed embellishments! The next step was to gather some sticks from our yard! In a basic vase I placed some Spanish moss, added the sticks, and hung the tags! The final touch was a fall themed ribbon around the vase! Now we have a fun centerpiece and a fun way to share our thankfulness! After the day is over, I plan on adding the tags to my scrapbook so we can read them again next year!






Give it a try- it is such a simple, but fun project!!!

5 comments:

  1. what a neat idea, Danielle! I love that you made this, it is perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love making things with tree branches. My fav so far is a money tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea, the colours really stand out against the bare tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool idea Danielle! I'm betting it'd be a project that my kids would love. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is an old post, but I featured it today on my blog as part of my "Thankful Trees" post!

    Here's the link:
    http://moomootutu.blogspot.com/2010/11/wednesday-wow-finds-thankful-trees.html

    Thanks for the inspiration & have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete