Monday, November 2, 2009

Welcome Delaina Burns!

Please welcome our new contributing artist!! A few days before I put out the call for contributing artists, I asked this amazing artist to contribute to my blog (please note: I will be still announcing the other contributing artists after Nov. 5)! She said yes and you can learn more about her below!

Her name is Delaina Burns and I have known her on scrapbook.com for a while now. I was drawn to her fabulous style, amazing sewing and unique take on scrapbooking! I am really excited to have her contributing to my blog and I know you will be too! She has some amazing stuff to share, but before she does, here are some questions to get to know her:

1. Tell me about you and your family.

I have been married to my High School sweetheart since January 31,1985...a long time. My hubby works for the CSX Rail Road as a Train Engineer and I make Custom Draperies and Bedding from home. Our two incredible children are a mystery to us. Raised in the same house, by the same parents and as different as night and day. Simon is 18 and in his first year of College. He is smart, handsome, kind hearted and a gifted musician, although he admits to none of it. He is extremely shy and much of a loner. He has been a pleasure to raise. Anna is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. She is smart, beautiful, an awesome dancer and one of the sweetest and friendliest girls you will ever meet. She is so motivated and self driven. Her passion for life and happiness is contagious. As you can tell I am very proud of my children and I love them to pieces.

2. What is your blog address so people can read more about you on your blog? http://delainas.blogspot.com/

3. How did you get started scrapbooking? What drew you in the craft?

I began scrapping 3 years ago, after receiving an assignment from my daughter's cheer coach to make a scrapbook of the season's events. Though very unhappy with the assignment, I persevered and made a few pages. The bug bit and I have never looked back. My love for the craft and the crafters I have met along the way has changed my life. I encourage everyone I know and/or meet to give scrapbooking a try.

4. What design teams are you currently on?

I design for my LSS, Sweet Memories in Carrollton, Ga, My Creative Scrapbook, and Creative Scrappers Sketch Blog.

5. What inspired your pages and projects? Are there sites or magazines which really inspire you?

My inspiration comes from so many different places. I frequent all the paper magazines and surf the web to view all the latest creations of so many talented scrappers.

6. How long does it take you to complete a project? What is the most challenging part of the whole process?

I usually spend an entire day on each page. I rarely go to bed without finishing my project. The biggest challenge for me is the first cut.

7. What would you consider your scrapping style? What three words best describe you style?

I really don't think I can define my style. I seem to be all over the board most days. Three words to describe it could be....Bright, Happy, and Stitched.

8. What are you favorite products from which manufacturers? What are “must have” items?

I love so many, but here are a few, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras Lass, Fancy Pants and My Little Shoe Box. My must haves are white and black cardstock and lots of embroidery floss.

9. What is your dream scrapbook gig?

The Cosmo Cricket design Team. Their blog is a happy place and I love working with their products.

You can also see Delaina’s online gallery here.
I also asked for two of her favorite projects and here the are! Aren't they amazing? I just love her style!!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous stuff delaina! can't wait to see more of it! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more of your designs Delaina! The stitching on the two layouts I've seen in amazing!

    ReplyDelete